Climate Action Santa Monica (CASM) is looking for volunteers with a variety of talents and interests. CASM is volunteer-driven and locally focused. We are collaborative, entrepreneurial, spirited, fun and have a great track record! CASMs projects reflect the energy, talents and connections of its volunteers and partners.
Our work includes:
Climate Corps – An award-winning program that recruits and trains young people to talk with and learn from the community about their climate interests, resources that can be helpful to them, and ways they may be affected by the climate crisis.
Solar Brunches: Neighborhood-level gatherings in which neighbors learn from each other about the experience of going solar and using electric vehicles.
Forums – Public events on climate-related themes that educate participants and engage them in developing solutions.
Policy and Planning – We convene experts and local citizens on important issues to advise the city on its climate crisis planning and help it identify solutions that are sensitive to community needs.
We are looking for volunteers with skills and interest in these areas:
- Website and digital presence design, maintenance and management
- Event Planning and Production for educational, social and fundraising events.
- Fundraising: through networking, online appeals, and grant writing.
- Photography and video skills to help us communicate and document our work
- Organizing: bringing people together to communicate, educate and advocate on climate issues
- Youth Support: to help with our Climate Corps program and outreach
- Marketing: to help us develop materials and a plan for event tabling
- Policy, planning, and advocacy on local issues
- Administrators: to help us stay organized
- General assistance on programs and events