• CCA (Community Choice Aggregate) – Two CASM Steering Committee members and one Advisory Board member are part of the South Bay Clean Power Working Group pursuing implementation of this model.
• Partnering with the Ocean Park Association and participating in meetings with SoCal Edison to pursue a reliable power grid in the Ocean Park area.
Santa Monica Environment, Sustainability and Water
• CASM Steering Committee members participating in newly formed Santa Monica Water Advisory Committee.
• Members of CASM Steering and Advisory groups are regular participants and members of SM Task Force on Environment and Sustainability, and other environmental groups, directly affecting policy, gathering knowledge and increasing CASM’s visibility in these arenas.
• CASM Steering Committee members are networking with SMMUSD students, teachers and parents on comprehensive sustainability and ecological literacy policy, service-learning projects and green teams.
If you’d like to learn more information about our working groups and how to get involved. Please email ClimateActionSantaMonica@gmail.com